Encoding of a String

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jun 20 14:13:38 CDT 2006

On 6/20/06 1:55 PM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

Hi Philip,

> Is there a way to find out the encoding of a given fbl::String
> instance? I mean, is the string in UTF8, ASCII, ISO-Latin, Unicode,Š?

1) I remember we have isSingleByte() string

2) no, as I see no.

    FBL::String class - is balance between powerful ICU String class
    and limited string class for Vclient.

3) I_Localizable do have IOEncoding and SotrageEncoding properties

---------
When you start to work with DB, on default all is UTF16.

You can change IOEncoding to be UTF8 for example, for the whole db, or some
tables/fields.

While you are in UTF16 you will use

    pvalue->put_String( UChar*)

If you are on UTF8 or other single byte encoding, you will use

    pvalue->put_String( char* )

I.e. You make contract with Valentina db, after this you should follow to
your promise.