[V4MD] Foxpro/Access MM tables to BinaryLink

agustin porto_agus at ono.com
Thu Jun 15 12:12:13 CDT 2006

I have a problem with numeric fields. I populate my database from tables
exported from Access as text files with fields separated by tabs. When I
import the tables with the import command Valentina don´t report errors but
when I retrieve values of that numeric fields only obtain the number 0.
What´s the problem?. The process I use to create the database is like this:

  Valentina = new ( Xtra "Valentina" )
  Valentina.Init( 10 * 1024 * 1024 )
  gDatabase = new(Xtra "VDatabase", #kLocal)
  dbpath = the moviePath & "bases" & dirsimbol & "mibase.vdb"
  gDatabase.Create( dbpath, #kDscDatBlb_Ind )

  tblEnfer = gDatabase.CreateTable( "enfermedades" )

  tblEnfer.CreateULongField( "org")
  tblEnfer.CreateStringField( "pagBes",  3 )
  tblEnfer.CreateStringField( "pagDe",  5 )
  tblEnfer.CreateStringField( "pagNev",  3 )
  tblEnfer.CreateStringField( "claveEnf",  4 )
  tblEnfer.CreateVarCharField( "enfEs",  100 )
  tblEnfer.CreateVarCharField( "enfUs",  100 )
  tblEnfer.CreateVarCharField( "enfFr",  100 )
  tblEnfer.CreateVarCharField( "enfPo",  100 )
  tblEnfer.CreateVarCharField( "enfDe",  100 )
  tblEnfer.CreateStringField( "capNev",  2 )
  tblEnfer.Flush()
  cursor = gDatabase.SqlSelect("SELECT * FROM enfermedades WHERE FALSE",
#kServerSide, #kReadWrite)
  cursor.importText(the moviePath & "enf.txt", TAB, RETURN, "latin9", FALSE)
  tblEnfer.Flush()
  cursor = VOID

After this process if i retrieve values of "org" field, the result is always
0.