VField Question

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Thu Jun 8 15:47:30 CDT 2006

Is a VField in a VTable 'unique' to the entire VDatabase?

In other words, if I have two VTables of different names and I have a
VField in each of them with an identical name, e.g., Notes, and I do
a VCursor call to get the VField, e.g.,

dim theField as VField

theField = theCursor.Field(3) // where three is the index integer of
the field I'm interested in and theCursor is a VCursor of a
previously found set of data using SQLSelect()

....will the system know which field I'm working with if I pass
theField variable to another method and perform actions with it?

Regards,

Chuck Pelto