What's Wrong With This 'Picture'?

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Fri Jun 2 11:13:35 CDT 2006

Still working towards a modular approach to keeping data in a listbox
closely related to the data in the VTable/VField it came from, in an
application being developed with RB2006v2 and V4RB2.

I'm having a bit of a problem with a particular call....

theTable.theField.Value = theData

The params for the method in the module are as follows:

theTable as VTable, theField as VField, theData as string, recID as
integer

The problem is that during compile, I'm getting an error that
theTable.theField.Value does not exist as a method or property.

What could be causing this problem? Other calls to theTable are being
recognized readily enough.

I've tried changing the call to go for SetString instead of Value.
But still get the same result.

Please advise....

Regards,

Chuck Pelto