Goto RecID & RecordExists()

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Thu Jun 1 10:49:11 CDT 2006

Hi Ruslan,

Are you intending to change the calls for the VTables to include some
call like GoToRecID()?

As I understand it now, RecordExists() is supposed to perform two
functions; (1) tell the user that the record exists in the VTable and
(2) move to that record. Is this correct?

As I stated earlier, this is confusing and I recommend adding a new
call titled similarly to GoToRecID().

Furthermore, if you are NOT going to add the call of GoToRecID(), I
recommend you update the V4RB_Reference_2_EN.pdf. Currently it does
not state that RecordExists() moves the user to the record identified
in the parameters. Currently it reads as follows:

RecordExists(inRecID as Integer) as Boolean
Parameter Description
inRecID RecID of a record.
Returns TRUE if the record with the specified RecID exists in the table.
Example:
res = Table.RecordExists( RecID )

There is no mention in the function description (page V4RBRef-72)
that the call moves the user to the record. This is the document
currently offered as a download for understanding V4RB, dated Jan 2006.

Regards,

Chuck Pelto