Table size

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Thu Jun 1 18:33:29 CDT 2006

Do you mean all records added to Table? 109 * 8 byte + 68 * 2 byte = 1008
byte, < 1k per record - why table so big with no record in!!??

> In case data small, i.e. You need small db you can reduse
> this Using db.SegmentSize

So what does a "cluster" mean in real, I were do things start and end for
what goes into 1 cluster? 1 field = 1 cluster or? In such case why 32KB
default, or wait this cluster also hold field data so when record added
discsize do not grow until whole cluster is full and start new one (adding
new 32 * 177 = 5664KB to disc file)?

In practical sense this mean 32KB segment can hold 4096 8byte fields before
discsize changes? Just trying to understand...

from COM docs:

inSegmentSize The size of one cluster in the database file; default 32KB.

Regards,

Joakim