Collection Object

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 31 20:24:20 CDT 2006

On 7/31/06 7:33 PM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

>> Also we can want do
>>
>>     SELECT RecID, f3
>>     FROM  NSSet
>>     WHERE f3.contains( 7 )
>>
>>         ---------------------------------------------
>> cursor      RecID    f3
>>         ----------------------------------------------
>>             1       { 2, 3, 7, 9, 12 }
>>             3       { 4, 7, 11, 13, 24, 32, 45, 68 }
>>
>> Or you think about something else?
>
> Two cases:
>
> 1.) SELECT RecID
> FROM NSSet
> WHERE RecID=1 AND f3.contains(7)
>
> This would merely return a BOOL.

Then the same with EXISTS

> 2.) SELECT f3
> FROM NSSet
> WHERE RecID=1 AND f3.*.name='Ruslan'
>
> Actually searching in the records referenced by the OIDs in f3.
>

>> AS RESULT of search we must find NSSet instances, right ?
>
> In case 2: Yes. In case 1: NO, just a BOOL.

SELECT f3
FROM NSSet
WHERE
    RecID = 1 AND
..??..
    SELECT
    FROM Ti
    WHERE Ti.name IN NSSet.f3

Hmm, it seems SQL do not have query type which can do similar thing ..
OF course we can have low level API methods...
But SQL also is in interest

It needs to think about this deeply. You have touch very interesting issue.
    mix of Arrays, Links, Ptrs, ...

On the other hand may be inheritance way is the most easy overall and
natural here ...