Collection Object

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 31 13:52:13 CDT 2006

On 7/31/06 1:20 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

>>>     CREATE TABLE TC ( objects_ptr as ULLONG, ... Other fields ... )
>>
>> With TC you mean "Table Central"? Which should actually be my NSSet
>> table?
>
> RIGHT.
>
> My TC - this is table Central, and it play role of YOUR NSSet :-)

Btw, may be exists another solutions...this one is just was discussed few
times already, so I point it.

------------
For example, in theory can be next:

In database exists 3 tables T1, T2, T3 which are inherited from the same
class:

    T0   (ala NSObject ? :-)

Then TC (NSSet) just have 4 bytes ObjectPtr to T0.

I.e. We get solution of "Container that keep General objects"

Question is how move from found record of T0 down to...
Right?

WHEN we will get INHERITANCE implemented in Valentina,
Then this task will be solved automatically.

Now you can do this manually. For this:

* in T0 you need add one more field Kind (ULONG) which keep TableID of child
record.

* in T1 - T3 you add ObjectPtr (Unique) to parent table T0.

As you can see here again play TableIDs, but solution is built on ObjectPtr
links, which do have cascade deletion, and this can be advantage.

And this solution in manual way is more hard it seems. More jumps also..