Collection Object

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 31 13:26:12 CDT 2006

On 7/31/06 12:54 PM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

>>     you need ONLY ONE such field to be able point MANY tables.
>
> What I need is pointing to many records in many tables at the same
> time.

Right, and my example show this.

> If following this ObjectsPtr actually means, returning several
> records, not just one, then I finally got it.

If you want do some kind of search and return SEVERAL records in the same
time, then all we can do is:

    return set of OID values (8 bytes.)

Agree?

--------
Or e.g. Find in table TC some set of records and get cursor on that records:

    pCursor

Then this cursor allow us iterate records to extract OID values and ...

> But then, this is misleading me:
>
>> I_Table_Ptr GoTo( I_Database_Ptr inDb, OID inOID )
>
> This should actually return a bunch of I_Table_Ptr's.

No, this will not work -- Table have only ONE current record.

As far as I see task, we can have some set of OID values,
Then we do iteration of this set, and do GOTO to some OID.