VarBinary MaxLength property can't be set in Class-way db creation

Erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Tue Jul 25 00:13:24 CDT 2006

Hello list,

I've submitted this report to Mantis, but I 'm using 2.3
Can you confirm it with 2.4 beta?

0001696: VarBinary MaxLength property can't be set in Class-way db
creation
Description
I try to structure a table in a Class-way and have a VVarbinary
property mfData

When I try to instantiate the field with it's contructor method like
this:

mfData = new VVarBinary( "fldData", 5*1024 ) // bug is here… i define
5k maxlength but it always is set to 40

I always get a 40 byte maximum length.

I can set successfully the property after creation like this:

mfData.MaxLength = 5*1024

but I get a Schema not matching error the next time I try to open the
DB.

Cool Runnings,
Erne.