SQL Question

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Sun Jul 23 13:33:09 CDT 2006

Hi Ruslan,

On Jul 23, 2006, at 1:22 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> You men if add records into cursor?

No. I mean to reorganize the way the records will appear in a set.

For instance, in a listbox that has been populated with data from a
set of records in a VCursor. Initially, the records will appear in
the order they were found in the database. If the user wants to see
the records in a different order, e.g., sorted on a particular field
or three, we need to re-order/sort the records. It would be a good
idea to re-organize the records in the VCursor and then repopulate
the text in the listbox cells. This is because, as I've set things
up, double-clicking on a record in the listbox takes the user to that
particular record in a form view. Then, when the user clicks on the
bevel buttons to go to the next record, he SHOULD be going to the
next record as re-ordered. Or so I think.

So, how does one change the order of records without having to do
another SQL SELECT call?

Regards,

Chuck