V4MD - how to tell if there is structure encryption

Andrew Sinning andrew at learningware.com
Fri Jul 21 14:20:22 CDT 2006

I'm using V4MD version 1.

I want to add structure encryption to the dbs saved by my product's end
users.  However, when the product goes to open a db saved by a previous
version, it would be nice to know this in advance of calling
SetStructureEncryption.  The problem is that if I call
SetStructureEncryption using the expected key but the file does not have
a structure encryption key, ValentinaErrorString() returns "No error".

Is there a strategy that I can use other trial and error?

Thanks.