[VSDK] Life Time of objects?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jul 20 23:08:07 CDT 2006

On 7/20/06 7:26 PM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

Hi Philip,

> Lets say, I ask twice for the same table:
>
> FBL::I_Table_Ptr  firstTime = aDB->get_Table("TABLE1");
>
> ŠA lot of time and code later, I ask a second time:
>
> FBL::I_Table_Ptr  secondTime = aDB->get_Table("TABLE1");
>

> Is the following valid?
>
> firstTime == secondTime;

Yes.

firstTime and secondTime -- are 2 pointers to the same object.

> So, does I_Database keep the table objects, once they are created or
> are they created on demand?

Yes.

Tables keeps fields.

Db keep links also

> The same question arises for records.

There is no such _object_ as record.

You have TableA, and it have CURRENT record.

CURRENT record -- this is a buffer where loaded values of current record.
When you do Table.NextRecord() you read new values into that buffer.

Each Cursor has own buffer. So if you need to have something like few
"iterators" over a table you make few cursors.