Stan, I have found interesting solution for you.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 17 13:36:05 CDT 2006

On 7/17/06 1:13 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

Hi Stan,

> Oh-oh, you mean "Article_Newsgroups = 'alt.comp.shareware'" will
> return the same as "Article_Newsgroups like '%,alt.comp.shareware,%'"
> despite Article_Newsgroups contains dozens of newsgroup? and this is
> because of INDEX BY WORD?

> UPDATE: I have read your second message and now I understand. It is
> all about Index. I always forget about it. The way INDEX BY WORD
> works is logical and really handy.

> UPDATE2: '=' works most of the time but not always. For example, for
> 'asp.ask_the_asp', now it returns 0 when it should return 234 or
> 'alt.comp.shareware.for-kids', 0 rather than 7... Actually it fails
> for all groups containing '-' or '_'. Do you know why? Is the INDEX
> BY WORD splitting those groups into several words?

Right, into few words...

Hmm, I can understand "-"
But why it split "_"
And we can see it NOT split DOT "."

In any case ICU works by rules of a Language like this require ISO
standards.

---------
So what can be solutions ?

May be you can remove that characters when you store info into
Article_Newsgroups

But I still recommend try way of third table or BinaryLink.