Stan, I have found interesting solution for you.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 17 05:43:18 CDT 2006

On 7/16/06 10:54 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Actually I can't do that because of how Usenet works. It is all about
> cross-posting. That is, an article can be posted to as many groups as
> the sender wish. As a result, the 'Article_Newsgroups' field can
> contain 1, 2, 5 , 10 newsgroups and sometimes much more. If I search
> newsgroups like Article_Newsgroups = 'alt.comp.shareware' I will only
> get article that was posted to that one only group and will not get
> all the articles posted to 'alt.comp.shareware' between others.

Again no. You will get it.

Let me give example, because you not see good how Index By words do work

Let you have record

    group1,group2,group3

Valentina split this on 3 words, and into index go 3 entries:

    group1      1
    group2      1
    group3      1

Now when you do:

    SELECT * from T WHERE Article_Newsgroups = 'group1'

Valentina do search in index and it find this word, and result is RecID = 1.

    SELECT * from T WHERE Article_Newsgroups = 'group2'

The same: result is RecID = 1

    SELECT * from T WHERE Article_Newsgroups = 'group3'

Again RecID = 1.