kStrength

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jul 16 09:56:09 CDT 2006

On 7/16/06 8:48 AM, "Michael Bedar" <mike at bedar.net> wrote:

Hi Mike,

> I was wondering.. The docs say that setting "setCollationAttribute
> ( #kStrength, #kPrimary )" will result in case and accent characters
> being ignored for sorting/searching.  Is there a list of accent chars
> that are normalized?
>
> IE, I am noticing that with this property "cafe" is equal to "café",
> but "a la carte" is NOT equivalent to "â la carte"..

We use IBM ICU library. OS X also use it.

I am not sure that exists such list somewhere...
you can check of course site and docs of ICU ..

ICU works in very natural way for each language as I know.
Your examples are in Spain ?

Just try your strings, and I think you will see it works as you expect.

Also note that CollationAttribte have not only kStrength, but about 7-8
other attributes.

> Is there any way to edit these relationships?

Edit exactly no.