[V4RB] Multiple cursors on one database

Bill Mounce billmounce at comcast.net
Sat Jul 8 10:29:39 CDT 2006

I am continuing to have trouble with opening multiple cursors on the
same database, as I see others are from the notes on this mailing list.

1. I start opening one cursor as read/write:

     curOne = mInflected.SQLselect("select * from INFLECTED",
EVCursorLocation.kServerSide, EVLockType.kReadWrite,
EVCursorDirection.kRandom )

2. Then later in the code I want to open a second cursor as readonly:

   curTwo = mInflected.SQLselect( "select * from INFLECTED",
EVCursorLocation.kServerSide, EVLockType.kReadOnly,
EVCursorDirection.kForwardOnly )

Should I not be able to do this? The second cursor is for lookup
only, and any changes I might make to curOne don't affect my lookups
in curTwo.

If I comment out curOne, curTwo works, so I can only assume that
these two cursors are incompatible. This is a single-user application.

This happens in my application over and over. Is my assumption above
correct? Should I be able to open both cursors?

Thanks.

Bill