storing video/audio in a database

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jul 8 19:23:12 CDT 2006

On 7/8/06 7:19 PM, "Jared Smith" <smith.sgt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
>> Valentina have very good built-in features to work with pictures!
>>
>> Valentina self can do compression into JPG and TIFF.
>
> Cool! I hope Valentina improves compression for videos and audio too,

Well, up to now was no requests. And no offered ideas what is required.

Once for some DB I have see that they have ability extract from movie
textual info and index it...but again this can be solved by director
itself...

We have reserved many years types kTypeMovie and kTypeSound,
IT is always good idea have explicit types, because then e.g. Valentina
Studio will be able recognize that this is not just BLOB but a movie and
show it in this way...but again, still not requests, no ideas how it should
work.