List of open show stoppers todo

Dave Addey listmail1 at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Jul 8 09:47:34 CDT 2006

Hi Ruslan,

Thanks for this!

Bad news: I have tried adding in these calls to db.flush, and I still get
the problem.  I added in the following line to my project:

  // insert lots of values
  LogListBox.AddRow "About to insert values for the first time"
  // and flush the database
  TestDatabase1.Flush // <-- this line has been added
  // diagnose the library to a file
  WriteDiagnostics(TestDatabase1, DateString+"
Diagnostics_1_after_first_insert.txt")

...and...

  // insert all values into the database again
  LogListBox.AddRow "About to insert values for the second time"
  InsertVarCharValues(TestDatabase1)
  TestDatabase1.Flush // <-- this line has been added
  // diagnose the library to a file
  WriteDiagnostics(TestDatabase1, DateString+"
Diagnostics_4_after_second_insert.txt")

...but I still see exactly the same problem when I insert large numbers of
records.

Actually, this has made a change, but only for small numbers of records...

...If I add in these calls to db.flush, then I can now insert 1,000 and
10,000 records with no problems (without db.flush, this would have caused a
corrupt database when the database is re-opened).  But, if I insert 100,000
records and then call db.flush, then I *still* have the same problem as
before, even before the database is closed.

Do I have to call db.flush more often?  If so, how often do I have to call
it to be ³safe²?

Dave.