Addressing the RecID Field in a VTable

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Sat Jul 8 08:05:58 CDT 2006

> >   dim fldRecID as VULong
> >
> >   fldRecID = tbl.Field( "RecID" )
>
> Seems to me that the code (above) would return the recID NOT
> the field in the VTable that holds the recID.
>
> Or am I mistaken here?
>
> Regards,
>
> Chuck

So what is the difference? I can't see that... Unless you are talking about
the field as the whole table collection of RecID's? I don't know how it's
done in RB but in VB I would do

Dim fld as Vfield

Set fld = tbl.Field("RecId")

var = fld.FindValue(...)

However, if you already know the RecID (which I understood it as before) I
don't see any point with this overhead if you just want to get that record.

Tbl.Field("RecID).Value = var

Would set the record pointed to that record, then any other fieled read
would be from that record. If it's not clear to you, maybe you should post a
snippet of meaningful code that tries to do something and it would be better
understood what you are after.

Regards,
Joakim