storing video/audio in a database

Jared Smith smith.sgt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 02:04:45 CDT 2006

Ruslan,

> BLOB can store ANY binary data.
> In Valentina you can even set Compression for a BLOB field.

Isn't this a good reason to store videos in a database? I want to
compress my videos, so unless I can do that in normal folders I need a
database.

> It seems that synch task should become soon high priority.
> More and more developers talk about it.
> Ivan, we need start think about this task soon...

I haven't figured out how to sync yet, though. I think you could
compare the timestamps on the client data and server data, but I'm not
sure if that will work.