Best way to store 32 byte binary value with ability to index

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jul 7 08:49:35 CDT 2006

On 7/7/06 2:19 AM, "Matthew Jew" <mjew at icnc.com> wrote:

Hi Matthew,

> My application has a need to store 32 byte binary values, which I was
> planning to store in a FixedBinary field.
>
> However, in a recent post it was mentioned that one could use a
> FixedBinary field to store values that "you do not need to index".

In that post point was:

   we have told with Joakim about storing in FixedBinary
    some COMPLEX data structure -- array in particlaur.

I think it is obvious that you CANNOT index field which contain ARRAY.

> Does that mean that I cannot index (and therefore cannot quickly
> search on) a FixedBinary field?

In fact yes. Because how we can do this ?
Well, the only way do binary compare using memcmp()

> If that is true, what is the best way to store this 32 byte binary
> value so that I might quickly locate records?

You need do EXACT search only ?

    where fld = x