Table.Field method

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Wed Jul 5 22:20:17 CDT 2006

Hi,

I wonder if I can access a fileds value based on its ID (ID of field)? In
the VTable Field methods it says

Field( inNameOrIndex as VARIANT ) as IVField

And... "Also this method allows you to access fields of a Table by index."

The VField interface doesn't talk about any index though but Field.ID is
what index is referencing to?

I am abit confused about this as first of all ID and Index is kinda 2
different things to me and also it says Index start with 1, but looking at
my structure in vstudio field.id always start with 3 and count up.

This looks to me as ID and index not is the same thing here but then how can
I get the fields index?

To recap what I want to do, I want to have a table with many fields and some
of these fields has similar type of values that will go into an array in
code. So I like to loop through the fields and read into array directly (or
write). Note, not all fields will be of this type, so out of lets say 200
fields I may like to look through filed 20 to 54 etc.

Regards,
Joakim