[V4MD] Cursor_Destroy

Martin Wright martin at kinetix.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 12:14:35 CST 2006

Hi Ruslan

If the variable used for the cursor (gMyCursor in my case) is global, the
cursor won't destroy.
If I use a temporary (local) variable (not global) the cursor destroys every
time.

Martin

On 1/23/06 12:22 PM, "Martin Wright" <martin at kinetix.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Martin,

> Hi Ruslan
>
> When I call 'gMyCursor = VOID' there is no indication in the message
> window thet the cursor is destroyed - i.e. no 'V4MD
> *:Cursor_Destroy...*'
>
> I am creating many cursors in a repeat loop.
>
> The following code:
> gMyCursor = new( xtra "VCursor", GetRef(gMyDB), sql) RecCount =
> GetRecordCount(gMyCursor) subChapter_list =
> GetRecordsAsPropList(gMyCursor) gMyCursor = VOID
>

> Produces the following message:
> * V4MD *: GetRef...done
> * V4MD *: new VCursor...done
> * V4MD *: Cursor_GetRecordCount...done
> * V4MD *: Cursor_GetRecordsAsPropList...done

We talk about V4MD 2 ?

Can you reproduce this problem on our example or on some simple project ?

Valentina - Joining Worlds of Information http://www.paradigmasoft.com