sql advice

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 15:56:26 CST 2006

When I do this (in Valentina 1 syntax (hopefully I've got it
correct), I don't get all the data I want.  Any classes and teachers
that do not have students in the current year do not show on the
list.  And they should.

Maybe I've got the syntax on my joins incorrect still.  Here it is:

Classes.TeacherPtr=Teachers.RecID AND
StudentClass.ClassPtr=Classes.RecID AND
StudentClass.StudentYearPtr=StudentYear.RecID AND
StudentYear.StudentPtr=Students.RecID

Am I still missing something?

Chris

On Jan 23, 2006, at 3:20 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>>         JOIN StudentClass scl ON c.recID = scl.ClasPtr
>>         JOIN StudentYear sy ON scl.StudentYearPtr = sy.recID )
>>             JOIN Students s USING sy.StudentPtr = s.recid )

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally
The Fluency Company
http://www.readnaturally.com