[V4MD] please read ALL: what about next idea -- let's take some Arca syntax ?

Tschoatscho Kettl ich at medienzar.de
Sun Jan 22 22:00:43 CST 2006

Hi Ruslan,

>> So, the only additional field type
>> information one could use from a query result is Director's type,
>> because many of Valentina's types are treated in the same way within
>> Director.
>
> Actually I wonder what for this type info present in Arca list at
> all ?!
>
> Try to show me task when you cannot live without it ?

If we only support types of #string and #integer:
  you could get trouble after assigning an integer value to a
member's #text property.
There is an ilk() function in Director, which one could use to check
the type of unknown results, so we don't need it at all (if it causes
overhead).
If you extend the xtra's capabilities to #date, #color and #image
within lists, type information could be very useful if you don't want
to care about field order in your query. Of course, you could check
the order with the field names list but sometimes it is more
convenient to concentrate upon the type.

Regards
Tsch.