Complex methods

jda jda at his.com
Sun Jan 22 08:05:29 CST 2006

>Then you can split THIS method to SEVERAL, right ?

Hi Ruslan,

I'm trying to implement a complex sort as several methods. But I've
wrestled with a bizarre situation I can't resolve. I make a temporary
method like this:

dim fld2 as VVarChar

fld2 = myDatabase.myReferences.CreateVarCharField("mySortMethod", 64,
EVFlag.fNone, "'test'")

(this is the simplest example I can make -- the method should just
return the word 'test').

But when I examine it (with viSQL) the method columns are empty. And
this is what viSQL tells me about the table myReferences:

firstAuthorSortMethod VarChar[0] Method

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jon