[V4MD] Problem on closing apllication

^^pay^^ paymc at tiscali.it
Fri Jan 20 13:24:06 CST 2006

Hallo,

I've a problem with Valentina2 on Director MX 2004 with a Win XP Pro system.

My published application works fine, but when I put my files on a CD I
encounter the problem: when I close the application it crash: "Windows
System error".

I realize that the application crash when my dbfile.vdb is write locked (on
a CD or in onlyread mode on my HD).

Moreover my application is used only to read from database and not to write
on it.

This is a little bit of my code:

on startmovie

  set Valentina = new ( Xtra "valentina")

  Valentina.Init( 10 * 1024 * 1024, "" , "myserial" )

  gDatabase = new (Xtra "VDatabase", #kLocal)

  gDatabase.Open( the moviePath & "dbfile.vdb") end

on stopmovie

  if objectP(gDatabase) then

    gDatabase.close()

  end if

  if objectP(Valentina) then

    Valentina.shutDown()

  end if

end

In the stop movie the gDatabase = VOID or = 0 generating an other windows
system library error.

After I thought that the problem is a bug on my Valentina release: so I
tried to use the last release, downloading it from the website, and
installing it.

With this version I've an error on the Valentina.Init row: OBJECT EXPECTED

Do you have an idea about my problem (also only with the previous release)?

Thank you for the attenction

PhAI