Remote and Embedded?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jan 18 19:18:30 CST 2006

On 1/18/06 6:40 PM, "Philip Mötteli" <philip.moetteli at econophone.ch> wrote:

Hi Philip,

> Some questions:
>
> 1. Is it possible to be client and embedded?

Yes, you can make application which in the same time will work with some
LOCAL and some remote dbs located on (may be different) Valentina Servers

> I've seen, that Valentina has an Init function. This init function is
> different if one uses Valentina remotely or embedded. Lets say, I
> have the following method:
>
> + persistentObjectWithName:(NSString *)anObjectName
> fromDataBaseWithName:(NSString *)aDBName onHost:(NSHost *)aHost
> withPortNumber:(unsigned)aNumber
>
> My goal was to say something like this:
>
> aHost ? ValentinaInitC : ValentinaInit;
>

> Until I saw in 'VClient.h' the following:
>
> #ifndef FBL_CLIENT
> # define FBL_CLIENT 1
> #endif // FBL_CLIENT
>

> So would my idea be possible or do I have to decide at compile time,
> how I will use Valentina?

I think this macro here just to follow rules.
I believe we never try disable it.

> Would it be possible, if I made two separate libraries?

No need for separate libraries!

All our plugins work as next:

                -> vkernel.dll
    plugin
                -> vclient.dll

Only difference is in Init/Shutdown and Vdatabase constructor.

IF you want app to work with local and remote you do:

        ValentinaInit( cache )     -- first
        ValentinaInitC()           -- second
            7