[V4RB 0000914]: GetDate function that takes integers as parameters

Erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Fri Jan 13 23:17:28 CST 2006

Hello Ruslan,

On 13-gen-06, at 21:07, vbt at paradigma.ukrcom.kherson.ua wrote:

> A GetDate function that takes integers as parameters thus being
> independet
> from the format set with DateFormat, DateSep and TimeSep.
> It could be always in the YMD HMS order so that we could declare:
> DateMethod.MethodText = GetDate(year, month, day, [hour, minute,
> second])
> the 3 time parameters being optional

>  Ruslan Zasukhin - 01-13-06 22:07
> I have not catch. This is in V4RB API ?  or in SQL ?
> in API we have functions with numbers ...

right now if I want to use a V4RB SQL date function like DateDiff I
have to build a string representing a date in the current db.dateformat

e.g.
x = datediff( ‘1997-10-23 15:16:10’, ‘2002-01-15 14:10:00’, ‘day’)

but if db.DateFormat is not EVDateFormat.kYMD the above will fail

what I'm asking for is a GetDate(1997, 10, 23, [15, 16, 10]) that
will return a string in the current db.DateFormat
just as CurDate does

e.g.
let's have db.DateFormat = EVDateFormat.kDMY
GetDate(1997, 10, 23, [15, 16, 10]) will return "23-10-1997"

the same will apply to DateSep and TimeSep
so we'll have a string date correctly formatted to use it with the DB

Cool Runnings,
Erne.

Cool Runnings,
Erne.