server record-locking problem

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at valentina-db.com
Tue Jan 10 17:03:50 CST 2006

Hello Charles,

> On Jan 6, 2006, at 2:20 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> On 1/6/06 6:35 PM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans ÎÁ desuetude.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>>> I'm seeing a small problem with record-locking.  From time to time, my
>>> client application must be force-quit while a cursor with a lock is
>>> open.  The result is that the record remains locked on the server, and
>>> the only way I have found to unlock it is to reboot the server
>>> machine.
>>
>>>   Is there a less drastic way to tell the server to release a record
>>> lock in such a situation?
>>
>> Hmm.
>>
>> In fact server must self catch "unexpected client disconnect" and
>> destroy
>> all info related to that client.
>>
>> So do you see such message in the Server terminal?

> Since I rebooted, I don't have the message that was shown, but I recall
> that the log usually shows such a message.

I  have  double  checked  this  point  -  server  frees  all "suddenly
disconnected"  client's  resources self. Could you give me some way to
reproduce the problem?

And  please - check the message mentioned by Ruslan in the server log.
It should be there in a couple with another message -
"(3776) WARNING: database '...': cursor (...) was not deleted - deleting..."

Thank you.

 Ivan                            mailto:ivan_smahin ÎÁ valentina-db.com