Another Won't Run the Second Time

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Thu Jan 5 11:59:54 CST 2006

On 1/5/06 11:48 AM, "Chuck Pelto" <cbpelto at pcisys.net> wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2006, at 9:54 AM, Charles Yeomans wrote:
>
>> This is a point of the class approach.  When you define the
>> database structure in the database and table constructors,
>> Valentina builds the database structure from the constructors when
>> you call Create.
>
> So. Is it impossible to call Create() from inside the VDatabase object?

I don't know the answer to that question.  Perhaps Ruslan or Charles will
comment.  But I think the point of their previous posts is this:

There is a well-established way of doing this.  Using the Classes style not
only accommodates this but offers a whole range of other great benefits --
which is why so far I use it exclusively.  Ruslan and Charles have also
talked about some of the benefits of using the API style instead.  There are
indeed tradeoffs, but it's nice to have options.

Your question is a valid one, but I'd like to add my two cents as well in
recommending that you choose one of the standard, supported styles.  Then
you can simply use one of the examples as a template to get started, tinker
from there, life should be easier, most obvious things should work, and
you'll get more enthusiastic encouragement and support from the others who
also favor those approaches and are using them with success.

Including me :-)

I'm sure with a little more experience, trial, and possibly error you'll
settle into a style that's comfortable and works well for you.

Good luck!
--Ed