Error 2 when connecting to the V1 server

Don Toro don at thinkingpublications.com
Tue Feb 28 10:02:04 CST 2006

I am getting an Error 2 now when trying to connect to V1 server. What is an Error 2? I can connect to the master database fine but not to my database.

I put my database file in the same directory as master.vdb. Opened master.vdb in VStudio and added an entry to my database

scip	scip.vdb

I close VStudio and start VServer. When I try to connect I get 'Error 2' in Database_Open command.

Previously the entry for my database in master.vdb was:

scip	Databases/scip.vdb

but I was getting an 'Error 1007: Invalid database name' using this entry.

Another question. When I start VServer and I have the entry to my database in master.vdb, should I be able to open my database from VStudio?

Thank you,

Donard Toro
Information Manager/Computer Programmer
Thinking Publications, a division of
McKinley Companies, Inc.
424 Galloway Street, Eau Claire, WI 54703
Phone: 1.800.225.4769 (US) & 1.715.832.2488
Fax: 1.800.828.8885 (US) & 1.715.832.9082
www.ThinkingPublications.com