INSERT not working

Chuck Neal chuck at mediamacros.com
Tue Feb 28 08:33:13 CST 2006

Using version 2.2 of the Director Xtra...

I have a database that is not accepting some inserts.  If I open studio
and execute a query it inserts the values.

If I open Director and execute a query with a list of values it works if
all the fields are varchar.  if I have a field that is a Long it does
not work.  The execute command returns 1 on the tables that are all
varchar.  On the tables that have a long or other number it returns void
for the execute command.  These same functions were working 2 weeks ago
on the previous version of the Xtra.  If I manually insert the record in
studio then it will delete the record with the execute command.

For the test I use this...
INSERT INTO userData (userName, email, idNumber) VALUES(:1, :2, :3)
["Test", "test at domain.com", 5]

Any ideas what is throwing it?  Is there some new permission or
something that changed between 2.1 and 2.2 I need to know about?

-Chuck
Chuck Neal
CEO, MediaMacros, Inc.
chuck at mediamacros.com