Valentina and Base 64 encoding

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Mon Feb 20 15:11:27 CST 2006

Hi,

I'm using RB2006 for the Mac and Valentina 2.  My app is standalone, not using any client/server features.

My app runs fine on the Mac but on Windows, it crashes at Valentina.Shutdown.  After investigating many things, I discovered that if I remove DecodeBase64/EncodeBase64 instruction that I use for retrieving and saving my printer settings to a prefs file, Valentina.Shutdown works fine.  Also, my app always does a Valentina.Init and Valentina.Shutdown at the start and quit regardless of whether a database is opened.  If I start my app and quit without opening a database, the  Windows app does not crash whether or not it has the base64 encoding/decoding instructions.

It makes no sense to me that base64 encoding on a string and Valentina.Shutdown should be related at all, but I was hoping someone here may be able to point me in some direction toward resolving this.

If need be, I can live without base64 encoding...

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/