NilObjectException in Starting Process

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Sat Feb 11 20:23:23 CST 2006

Hello,

I have a creasy problem and don't knoiw what I can do.

One of my users (G4 PowerBook 1GHz, 768 MB Ram, System 10.4.4), has
the problem that he gets a NilObjectException every time when he
starts the application. My application is able do load after start
automatically a predefined database. When he start the application
without this option and opens the database manually everything works
fine.

Short description of starting routine

Main - App.NewDocument - Modul.ProgrammStarter -
Modul.DatenbankOeffnen - Modul.DauerAuftragAbarbeiten

then he gets  NilObjectException

When database is not loaded automatically I have following way

Main - App.NewDocument - Modul.ProgrammStarter

App.MenuHandler - App.DateiOeffnen - Modul.DatenbankOeffnen -
Modul.DauerAuftragAbarbeiten

the last line in ProgrammStarter askes the setup and opens database
or not. In my point of view the ways are comparable. The only
difference is the time between the automatically opening database and
the manual opening by human beeing.

This process and the routine with the error is now running 4 year by
a lot of users without any trouble. At the moment I don't know where
I could have a look what could be the problem. I got database and
Setup from User. I am unable to reproduce his problems. But the
screenshot of the ErrorMessage (I catch them with own routine) tells
me exactly whats happen and where (but not the code line ;-)).  At
the moment I made new version with MsgBox every second coding line to
find line of code which produces the ErrorMessage.

Does anybody had same problems?
Any idea what I can do?

For me it seems that I can find the line of code which makes the
trouble, but this doesn't really help because opening manually pases
the same code without trouble. Is it possible that something is not
completely set in RB or in Valentina?

Thanks for help and your ideas.

Claudius

--
G4/733 QS / MacOS X 10.4de / RB 2006r1/ Valentina 2.1
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de