Problems with first attempt to convert major project

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Feb 1 00:55:22 CST 2006

On 2/1/06 12:44 AM, "Christer Olsson" <christer at ljusaideer.se> wrote:

Hi Christer,

>> * I assume you also use V4RB 2.1 MAC right ?
>
> Yes.
>

>> * Also - do you use Vserver ?
>
> Yes.
>

>> * You have some daatabse in v1 format, right ?
>>     to use it with v2 you need first of all CONVERT it to V2 format.
>
> Did 2.0a62 create v1 databases?

Yes, alpha server have work on 1.x engine

>>     You can do this using Vstudio, or our example
>>         V4RB/Examples/Common/Convert_1_2
>
> As I mentioned: I can't get VStudio to work. All menu items are
> greyed out.

I have here build 2.2 fc3  from site and it works on my OS X 10.4.4 EN
Hmm, Jochen, you have ideas?

Christer, this is your first attempt run Vstudio on this computer ?

>> * V4RB now have new feature:
>>     Valentina.DEbugLevel = kLogParams
>
> I have it set to 2. Is it not correct?

Better use now always symbolic names.
It is hard remember all numbers.

        kLogParam I think is 3 or 4.

This is only during debugging !

>>     you will see error codes for methods and its description
>>

>> * error code you can check if look into
>>     Vcomponents/Resources/en/... 2 Xml files here
>
> I checked before posting, and can't find either of the error numbers
> I mentioned.

Aha, you should convert into HEX,
Use Apple's calculator for this.

Where you have see this 533762 ?  In log?  Or in excepion.errNumber ?

    533762  = 0x82502