Unknown error opening DB with VS 2.5.2

Pierre Rossel agora07 at prossel.com
Thu Dec 28 11:33:27 CST 2006

Hello,

I have finally updated Valentina products to 2.5.2 on my machine.

Now I cannot open my database anymore. Here is the log of VS:

11:11:38: unknown error
11:11:38: Database could not be opened!

I have to roll back to VS 2.5 b20 to be able to open the database.

I found a temporary workaround: use VS 2.5b20 to dump the DB, then reload
the dump with 2.5.2. This is fine for me, but I cannot do that on my users
machines.

There is a problem with VS 2.5.2 that cannot open my database, but MY real
problem is that my app (with V4MD) cannot open the already distributed DB if
I upgrade V4MD to latest version.

I can send the faulty DB (which diagnoses OK) to direct support address if
required, but not on ML, nor in Mantis.

Thank you.

Pierre Rossel

Note: This message is cross posted to Valentina and Valentina-studio lists
to discuss specific points on the correct list.