(no subject)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Dec 27 10:30:02 CST 2006

On 06/27/12 3:16 AM, "Robert Mann" <robmann at gp-racing.com> wrote:

> put VDatabase_Constructor() into mDatabase
> get VDatabase_Open( mDatabase, dbPAth )
> put VDataBase_SqlSelect(mDatabase, "SELECT * FROM wt_brands ") into curID
>
> put VCursor_Database( curID ) into var
> put VCursor_FieldCount( curID) into var2
> put VCursor_RecordCount(curID) into var3
>
> The above works but
> how do I get the colunmn count(number of columns) for this table?
> also how do I get the column names?

Robert,

Valentina have VERY natural API.

* You want field count of a Table?

    VTable_FieldCount()

* You want field count of a Cursor?

    VCursor_FieldCount()

* You want iterate fields of table or cursor to extract their properties?

        put VTable_Field( I ) into fldRef

        put VField_GetName( fldRef ) into fname