Indexing with Windows in V4RB 2.4.3

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Sat Dec 23 23:10:56 CST 2006

On Sunday, December 24, 2006 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>On 06/24/12 12:58 AM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Steve,
>
>> I'm using V4RB 2.4.3.  In my Macintosh app, I can add a record and then
>> immediately do a lookup on the record via a LIKE against a VarChar field in
>> the record.  On Windows, the lookup will not work until I do a REINDEX of the
>> DB.
>
>You mean that this new record is not found ?

Yes, the new record.  All other records can be looked up.

>> Is this some bug that I missed and is fixed in 2.5?
>
>I only can ask simply test 2.5.1 and see if problem gone.
>2.5 did have about 40-50 bug fixes total comparing to 2.4.3>
>-------
>In case you still see problem with 2.5.1, please send us this db,
>and your INSERT with SELECT you try to do.

I don't use INSERT to add records.  I still use the old-fashioned way of creating a cursor and updating it.  I only use SELECT for retrieving.

But I will upgrade to the latest version and see what happens and if I still have a problem, submit to Mantis.  I was just checking to see if there was something obvious I was missing before checking everything.

Thanks,

Steve
--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ