LocaleName

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Tue Dec 12 16:29:21 CST 2006

Hi,

I was wondering a bit about LocaleName because I set this when I open db and
init Tables and Fields, but I noticed it slows down the init considerbly. I
wonder what exactly is happening when I set this after I open db, does it
have effect at all? I know what "locale" is so no need to explain that for
me, but which parts does it exactly affect and how? Currently is adds 3-4
seconds to open and init my db, which is not good.

Can I set this in a more efficient way, before open or better deliver a db
with it set (maybe set it at install) as I understand this actually just
must need to be set once and Valentina then remember this?

I coulden find anything usefull in the docs nor in wikki about it, and
remark I don't ask about locale in general but how it works in Valentina.

/Regards Joakim