benchmark

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Mon Dec 11 22:20:36 CST 2006

> Binary links will not win ObjectPtr technically or by speed for 1 : M.
>
> They can only looks better from point of view design, because
> tables are clean without "link"-garbage fields.

By the way Ruslan, is there any "technical" problems by having both
ObjectPtr and Binary links, linking same records? I have this set up but not
tested yet, why? ObjectPtr is cheap and good when you want to find from M to
1 side Record, works fine 1:M also BUT Binary is more powerful if you want
to work with collections of records, making comparisons etc. I don't have
this functionalities in my app yet, only planned, so I set up both links to
have it ready in db later. Would be good to know if there is any (expected)
problem with this.

/Joakim