benchmark

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Mon Dec 11 22:12:50 CST 2006

> > No point in using binlinks here then? Can you give an
> example on when
> > binarylink can be better 1:M, ideal with future (planned)
> improvement
> > in mind?
>
> Binary links will not win ObjectPtr technically or by speed for 1 : M.
>
> They can only looks better from point of view design, because
> tables are clean without "link"-garbage fields.

Well for when browsing DB it's an advantage as you see directly RecID in
other Table. This is one thing I miss in Vstudio, it doesn't show RecID only
a index of visual/selected records. It would be of great help if RecID could
be seen as it otherwise can be hard to work manually with data.

I know you probably have more things planned for Vstudio as time gets
enough, so I wont go in to it, but this, linking of records etc. (well you
know) whould be nice.

> >> For M:M binary links will win 100%
> >>
> > I don't have M:M, could have had use for it in my "big"
> database but
> > it made it expand to 200MB+ instead of the 38MB now using
> ObjectPtr and some "trix".
>
> So use ObjectPtr fields for now and do not worry :)

Hoo I worry big to not be redy before Christmas and that my girlfriend will
kick me out because she never see me home, except sleeping when she go to
work ;-)

Joakim