Problems init Valentina

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Sun Dec 10 13:50:24 CST 2006

> Well, even Windows XP have new mechanism of "manifest" for
> dlls, Which should replace old way with PATH.

Yes I know but it is a bit problematic with VB6 which have "manifest bug",
so I don't use it.

> Both ways still work and will work.
>
> Manifest are not so easy for use. Visual .NET use them on
> default, But VCOM we build with help of Visual 2003.

I must ask one thing about VCOM, does it or Valentina have dependency of
"MSSTDFMT.dll" (Microsoft Standard Data Formatting Object Dll)? I ask
because when I run app in test environment I get when loading one form
(using VCOM) error "Class not registered, you must install MSSTDFMT.dll".
This is file of Visual Studio, but shouldn't normally be needed by a normal
app. Valentina is one of 3 new component I use on this form.

/Joakim