Problems init Valentina

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Sat Dec 9 22:49:03 CST 2006

> > something missing dependency. I have put in system32:
> >
> > icudt30.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: sharedfile icuin30.dll;
> DestDir:
> > {sys}; Flags: sharedfile icuio30.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:
> > sharedfile icuuc30.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: sharedfile
> > Kernel_Win32_Release.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: sharedfile
> > VShared_Win32_Release_VC.dll; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: sharedfile
>
> This is not all dlls from VComponents
> Try put all

I know it's not all, but I should not need all! I will put all and test to
see which I can remove.

> And I'd not recommend put then into sys32 !!!
>
> Put them into
>
>     /Program Files/My Company/VComponents Or
>     /Program Files/My Company/My App/*.dll
>

> And set PATH to that folder.

Well it's a question of taste I think, System32 IS the by MS recomeded
folder, if you can't put in app folder, and I cannot. I have 4-5 programs
that will use Valentina in the end, if it was small dll's yes but not this
big load X 5, that's not a good practice.

Also, it's not recommended to set Path, it's a bad and lazy habbit, why?
Path can only have Len=1024 so there is risk of not enough len, solution to
put in beginning is also bad as you may push others out of the next,
resulting in errors. In System32 Path is automatic and it's faster too. I
put in subfolder though to keep it organized.

Also do Vresourses folder also need to install?

> > Does any of these files need to be registered? The error message I
> > think indicate so, but docs say nothing about it. Do I need
> to put more there?

You didn't answer, not needed?

/Joakim