Comment on code

Charles Yeomans charles at declareSub.com
Thu Dec 7 16:37:03 CST 2006

On Dec 7, 2006, at 4:17 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 12/7/06 10:46 PM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:
>
>> But now, consider the following code.
>>
>>    dim connection as new VConnection("localhost", "sa", "sa")
>>    connection.Open
>>
>>    dim db as new VDatabase(connection)
>>    db.Open new FolderItem("testDB")
>>    db.Close
>>
>> exception oops
>>    break
>
> I.e. Connection do not die because Database keep it?
>
> Hmm, but database should die self and kill then connection ...

The database does die.  I don't know the inner workings, of course,
but since a single connection can support multiple databases, I would
guess that the connection knows about the databases using it.  Either
the database must tell the connection that it is closing, or the
connection must be able to check a list of open databases to see
whether any of them are using the connection.

Charles Yeomans