Valentina problem with a limited user on Windows XP

Pierre Rossel agora07 at prossel.com
Mon Dec 4 14:37:29 CST 2006

Hello,

> I think thee same can be for Pierre files.
> Pierre, you MOVE files to user account ?

No, copy.

> Have you try CREATE them right under user account ?

No. Director is not installed on this account. But I tried to copy the test
folder while logged under the test account, to make sure the copy has all
privileges. The copy produces the same error.

> Kiril have spend few hours trying reproduce this issue.
> Main problem was:
>
>     * he have made projector in Director.
>     * he work on WIN2000
>     * here was no problems for user account.
>
>     * when he have try test XP, project just did not run.
>         we are not cool Director developers so problem
>         was with projector itself I think.
>
> So we have give up for now ...

Do you want to test with my test app ? I can attach it to the bug in mantis.

> I very doubt that issue is related to Valentina, Pierre.
> You need really check all such issues as locations, permissions, ...

Done all sort of tests. I built one of you samples as a showcase, but the
same applies to my application. It works without problem under a user
account on Vista RC2, Windows 2000, but not on XP.

> I hope you have not forget put VComponents folder into your projector,
> When you move to user account your projector ..

No, Vcomponents folder is at its place.

Meantime I tried on another XP machine and everything runs fine (my app and
the sample) under a user account. So there is still a problem, but since it
occurs only on my machine, I don't care anymore and I don't have time now to
investigate.

Thank you.

Pierre Rossel