Are unicode chars forbidden for fields or table names

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Sun Dec 3 19:59:58 CST 2006

Hi Erne,

Am 03.12.2006 um 18:50 schrieb Erne:

> Hello Ruslan,
>
> I got an old db with a field named "Quantità_Ordine" and I got a
> Vexception telling "Unexpeced token '_Ordine'"
>
> Are unicode chars such as accented ones forbidden for field or
> table names?

I can't answer your question for valentina, but I am from german and
we have also some "special" characters. I would never use them for
table or field names. Only basic ASCII. This caught me in the past
for a lot of problems with different database systems (and I hope
from problems in valentina too ;-)).

bye

Claudius

--
iMac CD 2GHz / MacOS X 10.4de / RB 2006r4/ Valentina 2.4.3
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de