Correct DB location on Win XP/Vista

Pierre Rossel agora07 at prossel.com
Sat Dec 2 22:42:39 CST 2006

Hello,

> I think this is not true, because Windows itself do this error.

Well, Windows is probably not reliable and constant... :-)

> May be you have see this on Mac OS X ?

No. Just tested again right now to be sure (Windows XP Pro). Even with two
instances of Vstudio, on the same base (the last one that opens
automatically). No message.

> Yes it do, this is one of reasons why it is 1000+ times slooooower of
> Valentina :-)

Just keep your fastness for now... :-)

But I'm sure if you really wanted to support shared access, you won't be
1000+ slower. The trick is to have a cache for each app/user but a mechanism
to invalidate it when concerned data is modified. So it will only be slower
when the cache is no longer valid and has to be rebuilt.

Pierre Rossel