V4RB2 Alter Table Question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Aug 30 21:10:50 CDT 2006

On 8/30/06 7:04 PM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to alter a table and I do it this way because all other tries
> fails because of NOT NULL
>
> ALTER TABLE Kategorien ADD Beinflussbarkeit Byte DEFAULT 3 NOT NULL
>
> I really would do
>
> ALTER TABLE Kategorien ADD Beinflussbarkeit Byte NOT NULL
> UPDATE Kategorien SET Beeinflussbarkeit=3
>
> is this no longer supported?
> How can I delete after Alter Table the setup DEFAULT 3?
> Or is this something which is now allways there?

Ivan say that he cannot reproduce. For him works
     ALTER TABLE Kategorien ADD Beinflussbarkeit Byte NOT NULL

So I assume secret is in your db.

Please try open db in viSQL or in Vstudio, and try this ALTER command.
If reproduce, then please send us your db.

Also I think good idea add this issue into Mantis